Monday, August 12, 2019

Viticulture Tuscany

We just finished going through all of the Tuscany expansion for Viticulture.  Here is my thoughts on each of the expansions. Tuscany is in "tiers" so that's what I sorted by.

Tier 1
Mamas and Papas: this is the BEST thing ever.  Seriously.  BEST THING EVER.  Everyone starts with their unique set up and you get to pick if you want an upgrade or more money.  This is Ray's favorite part.

Property: This is also really cool because is allows you to give up a field to get your structures built and then you can buy it back later!

Patronage: This is pointless.  Maybe in a larger game (we play it two player 90% of the time), it would matter more, but not in a 2 player.  We did it once, never have used it again.

Advanced Visitors: This is cool. I love more visitors. But you can't play them with the regular ones. You have replace them.  These are too much more powerful than the "regular" cards. I alternate these with the Moors/Rhine expansions and never use the base visitors anymore.

Tier 2
New Visitors: Same here - don't mix.  I have these mixed in with the Rhine and Moors expansions and, as I said, I alternate with the advanced.

Extended Board: I like this, Ray doesn't.  It adds in all 4 reasons and "stars" which you can get victory points from at the end of the game (its area control). I just love the big board with the new wake up chart which you get a lot more bonuses from. 

Special Workers: These are really cool. At this point, we've used all but the innkeeper (because you can't use her 2 player) and some are definitely more powerful than others, but I love the variety.

Structures: I love this expansion.  I like building my own little spots or having a cool power. 

Tier 3
Mafia: Much like Patronage, this might be useful in a larger game.  We played it once, never have used it again.  It is all about getting the best "gift," but again it a 2 player it just isn't that exciting.

Arboriculture: We hated this. Like really hated it.  To get the "benefit," it is very punishing and it just felt like you never had enough time to do all the stuff you wanted each turn when you trying to do any of it.  I like the took new vines you can put on your field, but the morale just sucked.  We did it once, will probably never use it again.

Formaggio: This was better than arboriculture, but still not great.  Again, it was just too much to do so it felt that you were always stuck trying to catch up to get anything done. But it wasn't punishing so this was better than the other one.  We would play this again, if we felt like it for some reason, we wouldn't the other. 

So the gist - Tiers 1 and 2 are awesome. I could have went without Tier 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment