Monday, August 12, 2019

Carcassonne Big Box

When we first started gaming, one of our first purchases was Carcassonne, but we almost always play the base game or one of the stand-alones.  But this year we finally got through ALL the expansions. So here are my thoughts!

Base game: This is such a great, simple game.  You can teach it in 5 minutes and everyone loves its.  Only issue is that it takes a lot space. 

Inns & Cathedrals: There is very little here.  It is to throw in if you want a few extra tiles and things going on.

Traders & Builders: I love the builder. You can really run the board if you use him right.  I think this is a cool expansion if you want a little harder game.

Bridges, Castles & Bazaars: This is neat as it allows to put roads where there are none, but is gets complex fast.

Abbey & Mayor: The abbey is cool as it allows you to fill a hole, but honestly this is just so much complexity the games doesn't need.

Princess & Dragon: We HATE this one.  It is so punishing and it makes the games SO MUCH longer.  We will probably never use this expansion again. 

So the gist here - I like the first I listed. I would use them again. We might never do the others.  The next two are okay, I would play them. I'm not sure I'd ever play that last one unless I had to for some reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment